Twin Peaks - Tioman Island

Twin Peaks - Tioman Island

Blog Archive

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Lighting, Rain and the Incredible Sky Over Royston, Queensland, Australia.

A week ago my girlfriend and I were lucky enough to join our friend Paul and his family at their property. This time of year in Queensland often has oppressively hot, humid days that make everything from moving across the street without sweating profusely, to getting to sleep difficult. It can also be a time of storms and devastating floods. Our third day at the property was all of those things; 36°C (96.8°F)  in the shade, completely still and at dusk, a breathtaking electrical storm that knocked out the power and left us with no option but to sit and marvel as lightning stuck again and again for six hours. I was able to capture some of it. Nature set the pace that evening, I just tried to keep up.




















I look forward to getting back up there as soon as possible. Hopefully nature puts on the same show it did last week. I feel so lucky to have been there.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant shots Tim, adore the scenery up that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Ang, we really got lucky that day. I'd never shot lightning before. It too a bit of playing around to get it happening, The shots you see are 5 minute exposures, something I can't say I've done much of. Hopefully there will be another chance to capture something like this again as summer heats up.

    ReplyDelete